Sunday, May 4, 2008

Great Quotes and Scriptures

Hello No One,

I say that because I haven't sent this blog address to anyone. So, I am writing to a future reader, I guess. I have never gotten into blogging. I never thought I had enough time for it. But, I did find a good quote and a scripture that I wanted to share with whomever might read this blog!!

First one, it seems that in church lately we have really been talking about learning line upon line and precept upon precept. So, I have been giving that a lot of thought over the last two months. What does that really mean?? It makes me think about Chris and Orrin telling us on the system that you are NEVER holding still. You are either going forward or backward. And, I have always thought to myself that maybe that wasn't really the case. Maybe you could just go into maintenance mode and keep what you have learned and keep your growth. When I read this scripture the truth of their words became truth for me too!! We must keep learning, but more importantly, we must apply the things that we have learned on this "line" or "precept" to receive the next.

For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts and lend an ear unto to my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have. 2 Ne. 28:30

This reinforced my desire to keep learning daily through the Team system's many books and cd's. I love them and recommend that anyone looking to improve add them to their the system of learning they already have through church, schooling or any other self-directed education.

Then, on a lighter note, a gal at my new job has a quote at her desk that I thought was awesome.

If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.


I hope you enjoyed my first official blog!! Thanks to my friend Clancy, who is a blogging genius, for your inspiration!! I am sure my blog will never be as interesting as hers!! But, hopefully you'll find something useful in my occasional posts!!

2 comments:

ClancyPants said...

YAY!!! An official post! That is awesome. I'm excited.

I am lovin' the picture of Bailee with the huge butt in the sidebar! That is hilarious!

I also got a good laugh out of your location... Ogden Falls, UtaDaho! You're hilarious!

Thanks for the sweet words. I'm glad my blog inspired someone! :) I sure like it... it's good therapy!

ClancyPants said...

Hey.. could I ask a favor? I am trying to keep my full name off the internet (at Dustin's request). Could you ditch my last name from your friends list, please? Thanks so much! :)